Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm So Excited


I'm very excited about two things this week, the first one being my eBay shop. I have just purchased my very own dress makers mannequin, I've really wanted one for a while now, I just think they give your pictures a much more professional look and the amount of time it's going to save me is of course a huge bonus. 

I've also been collecting lots of vintage pieces and customising various items over a past month, including a gorgeous velvet peter pan collar skater dress (inspired by the Alexa for Madewell dress) that I can't wait to show you.


Once my mannequin arrives (bought on eBay) I'm probably going to spend a couple of days holed up in my bedroom taking pictures ready for the grand unveiling, I have a huge pile of old, new, vintage and customised pieces just dying to be in some ones wardrobe.


The second reason for my excitement is that I'm going to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks for my friend Stacey's 30th Birthday, I really can't wait, but there is a downside to this. I've had to set myself a strict no spending rule for the rest of the month in order to pay for the trip and actually have some money to spend once I get out there. 


You may think not buying any new clothes for a month is easy, but not for me. Ever since I got my first paid job I've been a shoppaholic, fortunately for my bank balance I'm also a serious thrifter and general bargain hunter otherwise I'd probably be homeless by now.


This outfit is my favourite out of the collection I photographed at the weekend because I love everything about it, the muted tones, the oversized chunky sweater and the tan boots and wooly tights combination.

I'm not really sure about the hat though, I just don't think hats suit me, I've been back and forth on whether I should buy the H&M bowler hat as I've seen it on so many other blogs and it looks so lovely but I just don't think I'm a hat person.


Before I 'sign-off' I just wanted to mention that I've not had the best week this week for various reasons, but your lovely comments have kept me smiling and it's been so lovely to see so many new followers.

Don't forget to check out my giveaway!

Outfit Details

Black Chunky Knit Sweater - H&M - £14.99
Beige Shorts - Thrifted - £3
Tan Leather Belt - H&M - £7.99
Black Knitted Tights - Primark - £2
Fedora - Lanzarote - £5
Tan Lace-up Boots - Peacocks - £25

Total Outfit Cost - £57.98

xxx