Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hello and Welcome


I've been meaning to start a blog for a little while now, so to give a little insight into my life and style I thought I'd begin with a little Q&A...

Describe your personal style...

I love vintage and vintage look pieces mainly from the 1940's, 50's and 60's, short pretty dresses and skirts or shorts with opaque tights. I veer towards muted colours, black, white grey, brown, blue, beige and nude with the odd subtle pattern thrown in.

What are the staples in your wardrobe?

Lots of dresses and skirts, jackets and coats, Breton Tops, various styles of Jeans and Tan belts.

What's your signature look?

Vintage mini dresses and Opaque tights, with a Trench Coat thrown on in Winter.

What inspires you?

Fashion Wise: Other stylish women on the streets, magazines, blogs, TV and the world wide web in general.

Generally: Pretty things, Flowers in Summer, Snow in Winter, Vintage and Retro things, Pretty brick Cottages, Little Bistro’s, Sunny Day’s and my beautiful Nephew Jack.

Who is your fashion muse?

At the moment I love Christina Hendricks’ character Joan Holloway in Mad Men (doesn’t everyone?), but I also love Zooey Deschanel, Audrey Hepburn, Pixie Lott, Alexa Chung and Olivia Palermo.

Favourite purchase of all time?

I honestly don't think I could say as I get bored quite quickly, but I'm currently loving my few pairs of thrifted shorts and I absolutely adore the latest addition to my winter coat collection, a long, full skirted, wool, double breasted coat from Top shop with velvet buttons. I have a weakness for cinched in waists and full skirts.

Biggest splurge?

I'm not really a big spender, I prefer sales and vintage finds, I very rarely spend more than £30 on one piece.

What's your beauty routine?

Cleanse, Tone then moisturise with L’Oreal’s Youth code and wrinkle de-crease collagen Filler. For make-up I use Rimmel's long lasting finish foundation, a No7 eye brow pencil, a translucent power, Maybelline 'The Falsies' Volume Express Mascara and a touch of Blusher. I also wear various eye shadow’s and eye liner's depending on the occasion.

What jewellery do you never take off?

I always take my jewellery off at the end of the day, but I do have a mother of pearl silver pendent that my boyfriend bought me for Christmas that I wear most days, but that's more for it's sentimental value.

What are you wishing for?

To be happy and content....with a walk-in wardrobe.

What are your obsessions?

Good Music (I couldn’t live without it), Thrift Shopping (Car Boots, Charity Shops, I can’t get enough), My Camera (My Boyfriend just bought me a new camera and I can’t stop taking pictures), Being creative (Sewing, Photography, Writing, Reading, Cooking), All things Retro (I especially love old cars, bicycles and houses), Cleaning (believe it or not this is my worst habit) and last but not least my amazing Boyfriend Edward.

Pictures (clockwise from top left): Zooey Deschanel, Strawberry Cupcakes, Pixie Lott, Topshop Coat, Christina Hendricks (Joan Holloway), Vintage VW Beetle, Olivia Palermo, Vintage Dress (ModCloth.com), L'oreal Youth Code.