Thursday, August 19, 2010

Polka Dot Princess


I desperately, desperately need my hair cutting and colouring, I can barely see past my fringe and my split ends are just dire, however my hairdresser is on holiday until 18th September, the day after I return from my holiday, she did suggest it would be better to have my hair cut after my holiday and I do agree with her but it's a total nightmare in the meantime.

Anyway these pictures showcase (fashion blogger buzz word) my 'new' thrifted blouse. You've probably noticed by now that I have a bit of a thing for tan leather belts, I can't deny it, I just think it brings an outfit together just nicely.

I can't actually remember where I got this bird necklace from, I think it might have been Primark, but I brought it sometime last year, and it definitely wasn't expensive.
Whilst walking through the town today I popped into a charity shop I haven't been in before and was very excited to find it's own vintage section with lots of little treasures, unfortunately being mere days until my next pay day, I had to rein myself in, but I did buy the most amazing vintage 70's patterned dress. I can't wait to show it to you.

I've decided from now on I'm going to list the total price of each outfit, as I want my blog to be a bit more meaningful, and my dear mother mentioned something to her friends about my blog being for ladies who like 'fashion on a budget' and I guess that's what it is. 

I know there are lots of blog's out there just like this, but mine really is on the tightest, shoestring budget. Basically I want to show people that you can look stylish without spending a lot of money. I hope that doesn't sound patronising.

Outfit Details

Polka Dot Blouse - Thrifted - £3.50
Brown Shorts - H&M - £7.99
Bird Necklace - Unknown - £1.50
Tan Leather Belt - H&M - £7.99
Heeled Brogues - Thrifted - £3.99

Total Outfit Cost - £24.97

xxx