Friday, October 8, 2010

The Aviator


Firstly, I'm sorry I've not been blogging much this week, I've spent most of the last three days in bed following a little accident where I ended up in A&E. Typically though, my internet went down so whilst I could have been catching up on my reading I was instead stuck in bed watching crappy daytime television.


As promised though, here are the pictures of my 'home made' aviator jacket that I mentioned in my last post.

It was pretty easy to make really, I took an old leather jacket that I got from Primark for around £12 about 3 years ago, and an old sheepskin coat that I thrifted for £4 recently. I cut one of the arms off the sheepskin coat and used it for the collar piece, I then hemmed it and stitched it onto the old collar. I also cut the other arm off and used that for the cuffs.



I'm actually really pleased with it, a couple of people have already complimented me on it and asked where I got it, to which I've delighted in telling them that 'I kinda made it'.



As you will probably notice I've also had my hair cut since my last post, I'm not sure about it yet and I've already had to level out the fringe myself as it wasn't even. What do you guys think?



Last reminder that my giveaway closes at midnight tonight. I will pick the lucky three winners tomorrow, so keep an eye on your e-mails!

Outfit Details

Vintage Caramel Silk Vest - Thrifted - 50p
Tan Leather Belt - H&M - £7.99
Beige Shorts - Thrifted - £2
Customised Aviator Jacket - Primark - £16
Tan Brogues - Peacocks - £16.99
Tan Handbag - Primark - £8

Total Outfit Cost - £51.48

xxx