Monday, January 31, 2011

Love Layering


I've decided not to do a 'my week in pictures' post this week, mainly as I haven't done anything worth photographing, well that's a lie actually, I've done lots of interesting things I just didn't photograph any of them, but I did finally get round to doing some outfit shots (Yay!).


I wore this outfit to a nearby village to check out their famous (among my friends) array of charity shops and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I picked up lots of vintage treasures including a tweed suitcase and a gorgeous camel coloured wool trench coat that I'm just in the process of changing the buttons to some dark brown leather look ones I've been waiting to use for a while.

I've taken lots of pictures of my purchases that I'll be sure to post later this week.


I really love this outfit, even if I do say so myself, not that it's particularly inspiring, but it's so cosy and comfortable, which is exactly what you need for a day shopping in this freezing cold weather.


I wanted to take pictures of this outfit from the starting point of the dress and show how I'd layered it, rather than just giving you a glimpse of what the dress looks like through the multiple layers. I have a real addiction to floral dresses at the moment and love wearing them under chunky jumpers and cardigans, something I also purchased a few of this weekend.


I basically live in these brogues at the moment, well these and my tan chelsea boots. I honestly have no idea how I used to walk in 6 inch heels just a couple of years ago.



~ Outfit details ~
Floral skater dress - Matalan - £7 (Sale)
Cardigan - Primark - £11
Tan Belt - Primark - £1
Teapot necklace - Miss Selfridge - £6
Navy Trench Coat - Primark - £19
Brogues - New Look - £16
Navy Satchel - Vintage Thrifted - £5

Total Outfit Cost - £65

I hope you're all having a great start to the week.

xxx

p.s I'd really love it, if you get chance to check out Define Elephants Jewellery on Folksy. My dear mother has opened an online handmade jewellery shop, and it would mean the world to her if you were able to drop by and have a look.

I've also created an advert link in my sidebar (I'm a good little daughter).

p.p.s You may also notice that I've also updated my blog layout and page links. What do you think?
 x