Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nails Nails Nails...


As I mentioned in my last post, I've got a bit of a new thing for painting my nails. Until recently I've never really been interested, all the fuss of waiting for them to dry, only to wake up the next morning to find that half your nails chipped already. 

That all changed when a fellow blogger recommended an amazing product that made painting my nails a million times easier, and I haven't stopped since. In light of this I'd like to start a new feature 'reviewing' various nail products. Read on for my first installment...

  ~ Barry M Nail Effects & 17 Fast Finish in Knockout Red ~



I really liked the leopard print effect these two polishes created, once I'd finished painting my nails I couldn't stop admiring them. I loved the red base coat so much I almost didn't want to use the nail effects polish, but I was overcome by the excitement to try it and I'm so glad I did, not only does it look really unique, but it's so much fun to watch it crack and form a pattern. 

 ~ 17 Fast Finish in Tigers Eye ~



I love this colour and the really glossy polished look it gives. The polish was really easy to apply and took two coats to get the colour above.

~ 17 High Gloss in Raspberry Mocha ~



Another neutral tone that I'll definitely be wearing a lot more of this Spring, as with the previous polish, it applied well and took two coats to get the colour shown in the bottle. The second picture shows how well the polish has worn over a week. As you can see it still looks good, and this is thanks to the amazing product I mentioned at the start of this post.

Now I'm sure I'm way behind the times, but when Eli from Thrift Eye suggested I try Seche Vite fast drying top coat on a previous post, I'd never heard of it and wasn't even sure if I could buy it in the UK, but after a little research I found a seller on Amazon. Eli had said that when applied, this top coat dries your nails to the touch almost instantly and your nails are completely dry within a few minutes. It also kept my polish in great shape for a whole week.


If you haven't already tried this product I cannot recommend it enough. You can buy Seche Vite from Amazon for around £6 plus p&p.

I apologise for my dodgy cuticles (for shame!) and also for my lack of posting over the last couple of weeks. As I said in my last post, things haven't been great recently, but I really appreciate all you kind comments and messages, they really do brighten my day.

xxx