Saturday, April 23, 2011

Transitional Trends


It's that time of year again when I just really don't know what to wear, tights or bare legs? Coat or cardigan? Having said that these last few days have been absolutely glorious so I've already broken into my Summer wardrobe, and there's no doubt it's been bare legs weather. 

This outfit is not exactly part of my new seasonal wardrobe, but is another outfit I wore around a month or so ago, and I liked it as a good example of a Winter to Spring transitional outfit. 


I'm really in love with these floral shorts right now. I bought them in the Matalan January Sale for just £2.50 and to be quite honest I didn't expect I'd get that much wear out of them, but at that price, why not indulge? Now though, I know they'll be Summer staple.

I am however not as impressed with the New Look cardigan. It's just too chunky and I don't think it helps that it's a size too big either. I think it makes me look big and frumpy and I'm not sure if the colour suits me really either. Meh.


I've had a really lovely weekend so far, with not one, but two BBQ's, lots of lazy mornings and time spent in the sunshine eating and reading. I'm looking forward to dinner with the boy's family tomorrow and a trip to the Peak District on Monday for a couple of days, so expect lots of photos of picturesque landscapes in future posts.

As you may have noticed I've been trying to catch up on all your blogs over the past week, and you'll be pleased to know I'm finally feeling much more in the blogging spirit. Yay!

~ Outfit Details ~

Tan Chunky Knit Cardigan - New Look
Black T-Shirt - Primark
Floral Shorts - Matalan
Lace-up Boots - H&M
Necklace - Primark
Satchel - Primark
Rings - Primark / H&M / Miss Selfridge

I hope you've all enjoyed this wonderfully sunny weekend and have a great Easter.

xxx